No products in the cart.
by the Mayath staff
Every spring, models walk the catwalks of places like Paris, London, Milan and New York,
showing off the latest fashions from famous designers. It’s all about pitching to the public
what they should wear. And in modern times it’s also about what they should carry.
Handbags, as we all know, are a fashion statement. They always have been to some extent,
yet never has this been more true than today. There are whole fashion shows – and
segments of shows – devoted specifically to the latest designs in handbags. The designs
nowadays are so widely varied that you can find a bag for every function and look.
Discount retailers such as www.Mayath.com, recognize that you can have a bag not only for
every day of the week, but for every venue, event, clothing style and function. You may want
the colors to match a particular outfit; you might even want it to match your hairstyle. .
Some women want one bag to go with everything they own; others are happy to spend
hundreds or even thousands on a variety of bags from the most popular designers.
For most people the latter scenario isn’t practical, or even possible, and that’s fine. Just keep
in mind that a handbag is a fashion accessory, just like your jewelry, eyeglasses, scarves and
belts, so you want yours to fit your look and personality. It should also fit your lifestyle,
which is why one girl favors a tote or cinch-style bag, while another insists on a more
conservative cross-body or quasi-briefcase. Materials are important to the look, too, and
they can range anywhere from satin or leather to hemp, vinyl or cloth.
Having said all that, here’s a little advice for all you ladies who are not rolling in green, but
like to look that way:
- Don’t impulse shop. I know, I know: that new Coach design is just screaming to you
- as you walk through Lord & Taylor. Go ahead and look at it. Pet it, if you have to. But
- ask yourself, “Do I already have something that goes with my skinny jeans and
- Don’t try to impress people with designer names. It’s all the rage, and it doesn’t
- work. Frankly, handbags are like the finest clothing. They look good because they
- look good, not because they have a particular name attached.
- Don’t be fooled by price tags. Just because it’s offered at $500 doesn’t necessarily
- mean its quality is better than, say, a similar bag offered at $200. Sometimes you pay
- for the name, but the quality isn’t necessarily better.
- Don’t buy a trendy bag for mega-money that you know is going to be out of style
- next year. Not unless you’re willing to throw that kind of money out the window.
- Keep one high-end bag for high-end events. Keep the others simpler – and less
- expensive. Go ahead and splurge on that Louis Vuitton bag if you think it’ll impress
- your business clients. On the weekend, choose from your stable of under-fifty- dollar
- bags, as you run out for pizza and a movie.
At websites like www.Mayath.com you can get a variety of quality bags at bargain prices
that will not only make you look good on the first day, but are durable enough to weather
everyday use. Yes, you can have it all: style and three square meals, too!
So have fun looking at those styles coming out of Paris. When you’re done, go online and see
what you can actually own that will serve you well at a fraction of the price!
Mayath.com is an online retailer of discount sandals, handbags and other everyday clothing
and accessories. Go to http://www.mayath.com to see our beautiful selection.